I love making this easy, peasy breakfast to take to work with me. I just take it out of the refrigerator, throw in my favourite toppings, put the lid on and off I go. Not only is this nutritious, the chia seeds give you a healthy dose of fiber as well!
Overnight Chia and Oatmeal
- 3 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons of dry oatmeal (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup or more to taste (or liquid stevia)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (add more or less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
Mix all ingredients in small mason jar or other container with tight fitting lid. Let sit for at least 2 hours to set. I usually whip this up before bed and toss it in the fridge. In the morning I simply stir in my favourite toppings. Add more or less chia seeds depending on how thick you like the base to be. If you like it thick add more chia seeds and if you like it thinner add less.
Add whatever toppings you like:
- Coconut flakes
- Sliced bananas