PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
Well I have been seeing this recipe from Amy’s Healthy Baking floating around the net and I thought I would give it a go, even though the weather in Ontario late September has been hot, humid and summer like. The hot weather doesn’t feel right for all the pumpkin spice flavours of the fall! But how could I say “no” to pumpkin pie chocolate chip cookies??? Plus there was the option of making these gluten free and without butter, or refined sugar and vegan. I couldn’t resist!!!
I also decided it would be fun to pick some recipes and give them an honest review as to what I thought about them, so that you can judge for yourself and decide if you want to put the effort in making them or not..
Before we start.. I made these cookies with this gluten free flour.
I am always a little anxious when it comes to baking as everything has to be so exact. I can tell you more often than not I end up creating a disaster rather than a masterpiece. So I didn’t have my hopes up testing this recipe, especially when Amy specifically says “measure correctly ” but drum roll please…… they came out great!
On Scale of 1-10
I gave them:
- 8/10 for ease of baking
- 7.5/10 for taste
- 7.5/10 for texture (they were not cakey, they were soft and chewy just as Amy described)
- 7/10 by the husband for overall taste and texture
- 7/10 would I make them again? yeah probably
- 8/10 for easy ingredients (for gluten free you need to either create or buy the flour if you don’t have it)
- Are they actually “healthy”? … NO, they are a healthier version of a cookie.. they are a treat with some healthy ingredients.. apples are healthy… lol
- Would I recommend you try’em? …. well hell ya!
Here is the recipe right from Amy’s Healthy Baking Site (www.amyshealthybaking.com):